Help - Exporting pie chart label colors
The colors used in different pie chart labels can be exported to a table in text format. This can be helpful for generating custom explanation for tree figures containing pie chart labels.
You can access this feature from the file menu. Note this option is only available if exactly one branch carrying at least one pie chart label is selected. The exported colors will be according to the pie chart labels of this branch. Note that in some cases different branches may carry different types of pie chart labels or the labels may use different colors on different branches (although the latter is not recommended).
|This article describes this feature for the latest version of TreeGraph 2. For older versions the following articles are available:|
Exporting pie chart label colors (until 2.12.0)
Note that this feature was not available before TreeGraph 2.12.0.
If you select this feature, you will be asked to specify a location for a text file into which the color table will be written.
The exported table
The table will exported into a text file that uses tabs as column separators. Such files can be opened with e.g. any text editor or spread sheet application. A table will contain the following columns:
- Pie chart label ID: Contains the ID of the pie chart label that is using the color in the current row
- Character name: The title of the pie chart label. (Cells in this column maybe empty if no title is defined.) Note that this column was not present before version 2.13.0.
- Source data column ID: The ID of the node/branch data column that is associated with this color. (The ID identifies the column that contains the numeric source value of this pie piece.)
- State name: The caption of this data column. (Cells in this column maybe empty if no captions are defined.) Note that this column was not present before version 2.13.0.
- Color: The color as hexadecimal string (notation e.g. used in CSS)
- Red: The value of the red color channel
- Green: The value of the green color channel
- Blue: The value of the blue color channel
The following table would be written, if the pie chart label colors from the branch shown above would be exported:
|Pie chart label ID||Character name||Source data column ID||State name||Color||Red||Green||Blue|
|ScChart||Scales||Sc3||lateral on margin||#009999||0||153||153|